Continental All-Season Tires Review and Buyer’s Guide for 2022
When it comes to car tires, Continental is a name that almost everyone is familiar with. They provide some of the highest-quality, most durable, and most versatile original and replacement tires to meet practically any requirement that a regular commuter may have.
Although Continental can be placed alongside some of the most premium brands in the world in terms of quality, their prices are significantly lower. This is the great thing about this brand; you get a lot more bang for your buck!
Their all-season line, in particular, is synonymous with upholding high standards for safety, performance, ride comfort, and quality and is frequently ranked top in tire reviews and ratings. So you can be confident that Continental has your back when it comes to the safety, performance, and efficiency of your all-season tires.
We’ve comprehensively reviewed Continental’s all-season tires and put together a list of the top 5 best Continental all-season tires for you. Keep reading!
Continental All-Season Tires
Continental’s all-season lineup is divided into three categories, namely:
- Extreme performance all-season rubber
Continental all-season tires provide excellent handling all year long, as well as high fuel efficiency and, in some models, noise-reducing technology for a smooth and quiet ride with increased comfort and safety.
Their sidewalls bear an M+S or 3PMSF symbol, indicating their suitability for various weather conditions.
Pros of Continental all-season tires
- Widely available
- Excellent warranties and guarantees
- High-quality tires
- Durable, long-lasting tires
Cons of Continental all-season tires
- Prices are still above average.
Our Top 5 Picks for Continental All-Season Tires
Continental offers a diverse range of tires to meet a wide range of needs and applications. The following are the best Continental all-season tires to consider:
Best grand touring all-season tire
Continental ProContact TX
No tire can provide peak performance in every category, but an all-season tire like the ProContact TX is more than adequate in most situations. It’s an excellent tire for crossovers, SUVs, sedans, and wagons, and it performs admirably in dry and wet conditions.
The Continental ProContact TX is one of the market’s best-balanced grand touring tires. It provides a luxurious and comfortable ride while providing superior grip and traction in wet and dry conditions. It also has good handling and steering response, which results in a sporty ride.
- All-season tread compound for improved all-weather performance.
- An asymmetric tread pattern with a balanced speed-to-block ratio increases the number of biting edges for superior traction.
- The under-tread compound absorbs shocks and reduces the effect of road vibrations, resulting in a smooth, quiet, and comfortable ride.
- Fuel efficient
- Quiet and comfortable ride
- Incredible value and long tread life
- Doesn’t perform well in dry weather.
- Snow performance could be improved.
Best touring all-season tire
Continental TrueContact Tour
For obvious reasons, all-season touring tires are among the most popular. They provide improved performance dynamics, making them more than just an all-season tire for a car or SUV.
The Continental TrueContact Tour is an excellent example of a standard touring all-season tire that gets the job done.
It succeeds the TrueContact, a tire already regarded as one of the best in its class. In addition, Continental has improved the new model with longer tread life and less rolling resistance for improved fuel economy.
Behind the wheel, the tire feels responsive and provides a good cornering grip. In addition, braking distances are sufficiently short, and high-speed stability is excellent.
- A proprietary all-season compound that makes the tire usable in the winter
- Temperature-activated polymers improve longevity and reduce rolling resistance
- +Silane additives enhance traction
- Wide circumferential and lateral grooves improve hydroplaning resistance
- Long tread life
- Great wet braking performance
- Comfortable and quiet
- Dependable light snow traction
Best ultra-high-performance all-season tire
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06
Many UHP (ultra-high-performance) tires perform admirably in one area but fall short in another. They may provide excellent cornering grip, but once a puddle forms on the road, they feel like slick racing tires that can quickly lose traction.
However, the ExtremeContact DWS 06 is different. This tire is available in a wide range of sizes for drivers of powerful and capable sedans, wagons, crossovers, and SUVs who want to retain, if not enhance, their sporty character while cruising in all weather conditions.
It comes with the perfect combination of year-round traction, superb handling, high-speed stability, and high durability.
If you’re looking for a versatile UHP all-season tire in the mid-price segment, the ExtremeContact DWS 06 is undoubtedly one of the best choices!
- +saline additives
- Asymmetric tread design with advanced silica-enhanced all-season tread.
- SportPlus+ Technology
- QuickView Indicators
- Outstanding dry and wet performance
- Comfortable and quiet
- Shorter tread life than other UHP all-season tires
Best for Passenger Cars
Continental PureContact LS
Consistently highly rated by consumers and experts, the PureContact LS is a choice difficult to refute. This all-season tire provides excellent traction in all weather conditions and is long-lasting and a quiet ride for you and your passengers.
Technological advances in construction, materials, and design all converge to improve fuel efficiency and tread life over a wide range of environmental conditions and road surfaces.
The PureContact LS is certainly a top choice for handling almost everything thrown at you on the road, ensuring your confidence on the road ahead.
- Comfort Ride Technology reduces the amount of perceptible vibration in the cabin
- The asymmetric tread pattern and stable shoulder tread blocks improve lateral grip and high-speed handling.
- Wide central ribs provide a solid on-center feel and confident straight-line tracking
- Temperature-activated functional polymers minimize tear and wear while boosting fuel efficiency
- +Silane additives enhance traction and grip in slippery conditions
- Admirable handling on most terrains
- Great cornering
- Perfect steering feel
- Quiet, smooth, and comfortable ride quality
- Extended tread life—comes with a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty
- Not suitable for running on thick ice
Best all-season SUV tire
Continental CrossContact LX25
The CrossContact LX25 employs multiple technologies to provide a luxurious ride quality while providing all-season traction.
Continental has achieved an elusive combination of sure-footed traction, confidence-inspiring handling, and long-lasting and quiet tread. This is thanks to sound deadening integrated directly beneath the tread layer, continuous ribs to minimize noise generated, and a tread compound designed to maximize fuel economy and tread life.
- Continental’s Nest Generation EcoPlus+ Technology extends tread life and reduces stopping distances in wet conditions.
- Lateral and diagonal sipes provide biting edges for traction in slick conditions.
- Traction grooves featuring biting teeth to trap snow and create snow-to-snow traction
- Comfort Ride Technology for noise and vibration dampening.
- Excellent traction and grip in all weather conditions
- Extended tread life—comes with a 70,0000-mile treadwear warranty
- Outstanding hydroplaning resistance
- Comfortable ride
- You may hear a thump when you hit a bigger pothole
- Not ideal for spirited driving
Why Should You Buy Continental All-Season Tires?
Here are a few reasons why Continental should be your go-to brand for all-season tires:
High quality at a reasonable price
Continental manufactures some of the highest-quality tires available on the market. All their products are innovatively designed and manufactured after extensive research, processes, and testing. They are also very well-known for maintaining high standards in safety, putting all of their tires through a rigorous series of tests before being launched.
Still, Continental manages to keep its prices significantly lower than its competition. This makes the brand one of the most value-for-money choices in the market.
Continental’s Total Confidence Policy offers many advantages when you buy its tires. The policy provides you with everything from flat roadside assistance to a limited warranty that guarantees free tire replacement within the first 12 months of purchase.
The warranty is a testament to Continental’s confidence in the quality of its product. They believe that their tires, regardless of model, will satisfy you.
Continental understands the importance of handling any driving experience. Therefore, they develop tires that deliver superior handling and precise steering response.
With a Continental tire, your vehicle will connect better with the road surface, resulting in an enjoyable driving experience.
Overall, Continental is a great brand to choose if you’re looking for a new set of premium all-season tires for your vehicle. Their tires perform well in various conditions and terrains and do not wear out prematurely. Furthermore, they come with solid warranties and guarantees.
They provide incredible value for money and are one of the most dependable brands on the market.
Find your set of Continental Tires at your local Trail TireBack